Who We Are!
Queen of Peace Catholic Church & School
The Franciscan Fathers at St. Mary’s Church in Phoenix established Sacred Heart Mission on the corner of Second Street and Country Club Drive in Mesa, Arizona in 1908. They served the community until 1932, when the Missionary Sons of the Immaculate Heart took over the mission.
A mission school, under the guidance of Sister Mary Electa of the Sisters of Mercy of the Precious Blood, was opened in the fall of 1940. The School was moved to its present location on 109 N Macdonald Street in 1942. There were 85 students in four grades. In 1947, a new church and the present school building were constructed and the parish’s name was changed to Saint Mary Queen of Peace. The parish hall was added to the church in 1968 and was used as the school cafeteria.
In 1978, Madonna Hall was constructed and used by the parish and school. The Sisters of the Precious Blood continued to serve the school until 1984, when the responsibility of administering to Queen of Peace Parish was assigned to the Salvatorian Community. In 1999, The Piper Foundation gave Queen of Peace a grant to begin the construction project to expanded the office, teacher workroom, a science lab, and a Pre–Kindergarten room.
In 2006, the Roman Catholic Diocese of Phoenix assigned a diocesan priest, pastor of Queen of Peace. The Piper Foundation also provided a grant to build a new Pre-Kindergarten and primary playground in 2006.
We are now looking to the next 100 years of faith, family, and future.